Thursday, December 27, 2012

Wala na sya...

Today, a dear friend and comrade in the mountains and on the road passed away.  Though I have not seen him in a while before this, I am thankful for the ways he has touched my life.  Smart, witty, crazily fun, crafty, with honorable principles and a kind heart, Vic is an enthusiast of the outdoors.  And during his not-so-busy days when he has nothing to do, he covers miles, too.

His death is surely painful.  I can only hope that somehow, in the littlest of ways, I was able to touch his life as well.

To have lose someone close and at his young age, too, is a reminder that death is a reality of life so much as hunger is.  Truly, the Lord gives and takes away.  So make sure to always take time to show the people you love how much you care.  Such a cliche, but better that than to regret it when it's all too late and they couldn't hear our "I love you's", "I miss you's", "Take care's", "Thank you's" or even our "Good night's" and "Good morning's".


Bicky, ansakit, badtrip!  Di man lang kita nakasama ulit sa one last akyat.  But I pray that you're resting well.  Ipinapaubaya na kita sa ating Manlilikha.  Salamat, pinatalbog mo sa katatawa ang buhay ng marami.  Mami-miss kita, bro!  And don't worry, aalagaan namin si Sisay.

Father, please take care of my friend.  This I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment